Before each election the League of Women Voters of Humboldt County organizes candidate forums designed to reach the largest number of voters. They are broadcast on KEET-TV, simulcast on KHSU, and archived for subsequent viewing on Access Humboldt. Unfortunately, our efforts to arrange a forum for the candidates for the CR Board of Trustees have come to naught due to scheduling issues. Accordingly, we have developed a list of questions for which voters would like to have answers in order to make informed decisions on November 7th, 2017 and invited each candidate to respond.
CANDIDATE QUESTIONS, COLLEGE OF THE REDWOODS BOARD OF TRUSTEES, AREAS 1 & 2
1. What do you see as the three most important issues for CR right now?
2. What is your experience with teacher contracts?
3. What are your priorities for CR for the next five years?
4. How do you propose to improve collaboration with Humboldt State University to improve CR's nursing program and increase the number of nurses in Humboldt County?
5. How do you propose to collaborate with local high schools to improve college readiness?
6. How do you propose to ensure that all CR students are welcomed and respected at CR and in the community?
7. What are your thoughts on supporting remote locations and the technical training courses?
Trustee Area 1
Bonnie Deister, Educator/Nurse
Trustee Area 1 Tracy D. Coppini, Incumbent
Trustee Area 2 Dan Kelley, Chief Executive Officer
Trustee Area 2
Thomas Ross, Incumbent
Visit our Videos page to view latest forums.
Visit our Calendar page for upcoming forums.